Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Exploring Lines

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
It was a lot harder to use my hand than I first thought. I kept moving my hand because I like to hold my paper when I draw and I couldn't because I had to look at my hand.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I used pencil because I had a hard time using charcoal last time I was drawing. I felt like the charcoal ended up everywhere and I kept trying to keep it clean and wipe it away with my hand. I know I needed to keep my hand still so I could draw it so I wanted to use something that I was completely comfortable with and that was a pencil.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It was really hard. I feel like it was a terrible job and I wanted to make it look better but everytime I tried it didn't look any better.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
My final drwaings are good. Drawing hands are hard. There are a lot of lines and wrinkles. You see your hands everyday but once you are really looking at them and studing them you notice there is a lot more to your hand than you think.

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
No. I would not use my left hand at all unless I had to for a future project. It was harder to draw and uncomfortable.


Drawing with Non-Dominant Hand




Drawing with Dominate Hand


No comments:

Post a Comment