Monday, June 25, 2012

Reviewing Peer Artwork.


 1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog



2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

As I looked at both Kelly and Benjamin’s project #1 I think that some of their pictures could be used for different elements and principles, but I think that even with my pictures that they can be interchanged each picture isn’t only going to show one particular element or principle it may show one, two or more. These elements and principles are all over and are shown in a variety of ways.

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?

None of the images where the same as the works I picked for my blog. Kelly went to an art gallery in Rochester, so I do not think that they have any of the same works as the Albright Knox. I’m not sure which museum Benjamin went to. I think it may have been the Burch-Penny. I had gone there for another class and some of the works seem familiar but I don’t think it was from when I went to visit the Albright Knox. Also, some of the works he chose from Charles Burchfield.

4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?

The work that Benjamin picked that I liked was Sailor with Guitar Bronze (1914) by Jacques Lipchitz. I want to know who the man was in the sculpture and was he a model or just someone that he created in his work.  How long did it take to create this sculpture? The work that Kelly chose that I liked was, David Higgins’ Billboard, Louisiana (2006) Painting Oil on Wood. This painting is so realistic that I at first thought it was a photo, but I really had to look to see that it was a painting. I really like this type of painting and always want to know how the artist is able to paint such a realistic painting. I think it is such talent that the artist has to create something that looks so real. It really is amazing.

5. What do you think about the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

Yes I think it was valuable learning experience. I think that it is a great opportunity to show others the work that you have sent a lot of time working on. Looking at my peers work gives me an opportunity to see what others think and value in art.

6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

I only had one comment. She liked how I connected with the art that I picked and it was true some of the art that I chose reminded me of part of my life and that is why I chose these works of art.  Her comment was a little helpful to me because it showed that I was explaining myself how I wanted to when I was reviewing these works.

No comments:

Post a Comment